Monaco have announced the signing of Cesc Fabregas at last.
The deal has been in the works for some time, and the Spaniard said visible goodbyes to Chelsea fans at Stamford Bridge last week.
Now it has finally been completed, and we could see Cesc lining up for his old teammate and now manager, Thierry Henry, as soon as this Sunday.
▶ Monaco are set to announce the signing of Cesc #Fabregas from Chelsea at 18:00 CET (17:00 GMT).
— Robin Bairner (@RBairner) January 11, 2019
Wow. I’m honoured to announce that I will be starting an exciting journey with this wonderfully historic Club. @as_monaco will be my home for the next 3.5 years and I cannot wait to start this new challenge. #daghemunegu #NowItsTime pic.twitter.com/t2rB4Vqklh
— Cesc Fàbregas Soler (@cesc4official) January 11, 2019
This move has a lot of knock-on effects. Firstly we’ve now lost our best creative central midfielder. Secondly, because of that, we’ve got to replace him as soon as possible. The fact that Fabregas’ transfer out has been confirmed means that we should see our own arrival very shortly.
At the moment, Nicolo Barella and Leandro Paredes are the favourites for the role. Matt Law of the Telegraph says we have deals for both of them ready, and are just waiting to confirm them.
Goodbye Cesc, and thanks for all the trophies!